When I drafted The Whole Person Well-being Equation years ago, I wrote about the significance of belief and the other ingredients of the well-being recipe mix (Pg 85).
Since that time research has provided so much more insight into the importance and power of belief to ‘change your health outcome’. The scientific evidence is fuel for your ‘belief and hope’; about what is possible in terms of recovery and a cure. The new research on ‘the placebo’ effect’ as a mind body healing strategy completes the understanding necessary for your body and mind to implement a placebo cure, radical remission or spontaneous remission. Get started today! The research proves that you have everything that you need.
“Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work.
The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force
in getting well.”
Hippocrates, the Father of Medicine, Greek Physician (460BC-377BC)
Update: Yesterday, July 28, 2019, I watched Miracle from Heaven again with my family at my grand daughter’s request. It was the second time for me. It reminded me of how I started to ask God for miracles at the age of seven when my brother was diagnosed with ‘an incurable’ type of cancer. My mother would say ‘pray for a miracle’. I would obediently pray for a miracle, not really understanding how miracles work. Now, many years later, after bartering with God many times for miracles over the years and seeing so many people defy the odds of their diagnoses; I understand that miracles come in different ways, some times all at once in a spontaneous remission and other times in small deliveries in a radical remission. Either way you describe it, they are miracles. If you haven’t already watched this amazing film based on the true story of a little girl with an incurable disease, I promise you it will inspire and make you believe in miracles. Heaven is Real is another amazing video based on a true story about a miracle. Check them out below.
Have you asked and prayed for a miracle? Are you expecting it to arrive all at once or is it being delivered to you in multiple deliveries, like some of my Amazon purchases. My miracles of recovery from multiple diagnosed health challenges over the years have come in multiple deliveries over time, for which am abundantly grateful. I continue to ask for and expect ‘more healing’. More is possible, ‘do not’ stop believing and asking and watching for the multiple deliveries that make up a miracle.
Where do you start?
- Understand what the placebo effect, spontaneous remission or radical remission are:
- According to the dictionary the placebo effect is a beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient’s belief in that treatment.
- According to The Radical Remission Project, “a Radical Remission is a cancer remission that occurs either without conventional medical treatment, after conventional treatment has failed to work, or when conventional and complementary methods are used in conjunction to overcome a dire prognosis. We believe that, given enough documented cases to research, the cause(s) of Radical Remission can be uncovered.”
- A spontaneous remission is an unexpected improvement or cure from a disease that usually progresses. These terms are commonly used for unexpected transient or final improvements in cancer.
- Become informed about the placebo effect, radical remission and spontaneous remission research.
- Dr. Lissa Rankin has done an incredible job in her video segment, The Placebo Effect: How to Use Your Mind-Body Connection to Heal. This is a must view to understand the research so that your brain can be updated about what is ‘scientifically’ possible.
- The Genie in Your Genes, Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention, Chapter 6 Belief Therapy by Dawson Church.
- Understand the science behind the power of believing and using it as ‘believe/belief therapy’ in The Biology of Belief by Dr. Bruce Lipton.
- Understand the power of belief when used in visualization.
- Understand the external environmental influences that interfere with the epigenetic health cycle. These can be found in The Genie in Your Genes, Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention by Dawson Church.
- Understand the research behind spontaneous remissions and the placebo.
- Immunity over inability: The spontaneous regression of cancer
- The Spontaneous Remission Project, put together by the Institute of Noetic Sciences, collected over 3,500 case studies published in medical literature about people who experienced spontaneous remissions from seemingly “incurable diseases.”
- The Radical Remission Project is a database of cancer remissions that occurs either without conventional medical treatment, after conventional treatment has failed to work, or when conventional and complementary methods are used in conjunction to overcome a dire prognosis.
- According to the Harvard Men’s Health Watch article The Power of the Placebo Effect, Harvard Health Publishing, Harvard Medical School; you can ‘Give yourself a placebo’.
- “Practicing self-help methods is one way. Engaging in the ritual of healthy living — eating right, exercising, yoga, quality social time, meditating — probably provides some of the key ingredients of a placebo effect,” says Kaptchuk.
- Relaxation is a key required ingredient in the placebo cure cycle. This gives your body the required rest time to promote balance and repair.
- From The Genie in Your Genes, Epigenetic Medicine and the New Biology of Intention by Dawson Church; belief, nurturing, energy medicine, visualization, energy psychology, heart coherence, spirituality, meditation, attitude, prayer and altruism are a part of the epigenetic health cycle. The addition of these to your daily life will promote high DHEA levels which are adaptive, contributing to gene repair. Chronic stress produces chronic cortisol which is maladaptive and prevents gene repair. Look for more strategies to support your epigenetic health cycle in The Whole Person Well-being Equation below.
You can find a diverse selection of self-help therapies and tools (Chapter 7), including customized visualizations to correct faulty immunosurveillance, immunoassessment and immunoresponse (Chapter 7, page 147) in The Whole Person Well-being Equation.
The holistic strategies make up my ‘coach in a book’ and provide you with instructions on how to use the ‘radical cure’ toolkit tools to promote understanding, belief and relaxation; prompting your body to ‘give yourself a placebo effect, radical or spontaneous remission’. The book also contains ‘doubt busting’ supports and resources (page 92).
Get started today on implementing your placebo cure or radical remission. As Hippocrates indicated, you have the power within you, you just need some help!
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P. Holistic Wellness Practitioner, email@example.com