Coming up with unique Christmas and birthday gift ideas for kids, teens and adults can be a challenge. Many children enjoy kits that allow them to make crafts, jewellery and other things. All young ladies are interested in the latest trends, including lip gloss. As I was musing over what to get my grandchildren this year I had a ‘light bulb’ idea.
Many of the personal care products that adults and even young children use contain harmful toxins, including hormone disruptors. Educating people, including the younger generation about these health concerns, is what I do on a daily basis as a holistic wellness practitioner. As an essential oil wellness advocate I have the opportunity to regularly combine my passions.
Consider creating a GO GREEN HEALTHY BEAUTY KIT as a gift for some of the people on your shopping list. If you, or friends and family members you know, are passionate about healthy beauty, make up a kit and host healthy beauty ‘make and take’ workshops. These can be great birthday party workshops. Just follow the recipes in the book. The best ‘make and take’ items for a workshop are the healthy deodorant cream and the signature scents.
Each kit can be designed to provide enough supplies for the number of people sharing the kit. Use organic ingredients and third party certified 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils (see post below – ESSENTIAL OIL IMPURITIES: Make Sure You Know What You Are Getting) to ensure that the products you make are free from toxic substances. To make your kit just adjust the items you include in the kit to suit your desires and budget. You may use the above images for your kit. I copied and pasted the image for the kids kit twice. The first one was the width of my page – for the top of my box and the second one was smaller to fit on the front of my recipe book. Both images will fit on a Staples one page printable sticker. You can download the box and recipe labels at the end of this post. Add personal comments, experiences and additional recipes in the book. The size of your box will depend on the contents. I bought a kraft box at Michaels but you can recycle a box. Here are some pictures of the large kit that I created for my three young granddaughters.
GO GREEN HEALTHY BEAUTY KIT SUGGESTED CONTENTS:
- Use Third Party Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential oils of your choice – contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a good source. Host an ESSENTIAL OIL THERAPY FOR SYMPTOM RELIEF/healthy beauty ‘make and take’ workshop and receive hostess gifts. Workshops are available in southwestern and central Ontario – London, Calgary, Vancouver. Other areas – inquire – I will hook you up.
- Lip balm tubes https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ – put in a mason jar
- Deodorant tubes https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ – put in a mason jar
- Roller balls https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ – put in a mason jar
- Metal tins https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ – put in a small box
- Mason jar of organic bees wax (labeled) – https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ Thrift store/Home Hardware store
- Mason jar of organic shea butter (labeled) – https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ Thrift store/Home Hardware store
- Mason jar of organic coconut oil (labeled) – https://www.voyageursoapandcandle.com/ Thrift store/Home Hardware store
- Peel off labels for the girls to label their products – Dollar store or Staples
- Small recipe book of easy to make healthy beauty recipes for kids – a dollar store book with handwritten recipes (or download the recipe labels at the end of this post) and your personal comments personalizes it. You can download my image and recipe document files at the end of this post. Just save to your computer and print onto one page labels. Trim the labels on the page to fit your box/book pages and just peel off the back and paste. Other natural beauty care recipes are available online. Add more recipes to your recipe book. Check out these http://wellnessmama.com/category/beauty/. Use a glue stick to apply them. I use these two free public domain sites for many of my image downloads – http://www.wpclipart.com/ and http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/. Make sure that recipe books for children contain the warning ‘make sure an adult helps with the melting of the coconut oil, shea butter and bees wax and completing of the recipes as hot oils are a safety hazard’.
- A Fragrance Hazards Brochure: FRAGRANCE: Oh How Sweet The Smell and How Potentially Dangerous To Your Health http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=1454
In the front of the recipe book past the resources and sources labels with the list of links to product and supply sources.
The resources label lists the link for the Environmental Working Group – EWG Cosmetics Database www.cosmeticsdatabase.com, where your gift kit recipient can check out the harmful ingredients in the personal care products they may presently be using.
BELIEVE that more is possible naturally for optimum health for you and your family. God has provided a full range plants, including food, herbs and essential oils to treat your family when their health is challenged and for natural symptom relief. Contact me at email@example.com if you are Interested in getting started with your own family wellness kit?
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, Health by Design, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
ESSENTIAL OIL IMPURITIES: Make Sure You Know What You Are Getting http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=1444
THE COST OF BEAUTY: Seeking Out Healthier Choices http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=911
LOOK FOR THE CURE WITHIN THE CAUSE: The Health Costs of Beauty http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=653
Follow us and share on:
#greenbeauty #gogreenbeauty #greengiftideasforkidsandadults #nontoxicbeauty #giftkitsforkids