“Knock ‘em dead gorgeous”
Are your symptoms or health condition due to or further compromised by the harmful chemicals in your hair dye? This is a question that nobody wants to ask or think about. It is a question that you should ask and think about; especially if you are already experiencing unwanted/chronic symptoms or have compromised health. What is the cost of beauty?
What’s so harmful in hair dye?
- Ammonia (a neurotoxin) and peroxide (leads to neurotoxicity)
- Petrochemical p-phenylenediamine (PPD), and its derivatives, 4-MMPD and 4-MMPD Sulphate (Skin sensitization, cancer, mutagenicity, organ system toxicity)
- Diaminobenzene (cancer, allergies, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), ammoniated mercury (kidney damage, anxiety, depression or psychosis and peripheral neuropathy), and sodium laurel sulfate (cancer, neurotoxicity, organ toxicity, skin irritation and endocrine disruption).
- Mercury (a neurotoxin)
What do the harmful substances do?
- PPDs are mutagenic which means they can alter DNA codes, a precursor to cancers.
- Contribute to compromised organ function.
- Implicated in serious health disorders.
- Mercury, ammonia and peroxide are neurotoxic, which means it has the ability to cross the blood-brain protective barrier and causes direct/indirect damage to the cells in the brain and nervous system. Neurotoxins mess with brain chemistry and normal brain function.
Research shows hair dye is implicated in specific cancers:
Studies shows a connection to the following cancers with long term hair dying
- Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
- Bladder Cancer
- Leukemia and Multiple Myeloma
- Ovarian Cancer
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Are there healthier options?
I have to admit that I coloured my hair for many years. I always liked the way I looked.
When my immune and nervous system crashed many years ago I did a lot of research in my quest for answers and recovery. The information on toxic chemicals and body pollution led me to the decision to stop dying my hair. I wear my hair long and it has multiple shades of mostly grey and brown. I have people stop me in stores and ask me if I dye my hair. At first I was quite taken aback. They then tell me that my hair is beautiful. Not something I thought anyone would ever say about grey hair.
Since that time I have been asked by clients if there are safer hair dyes. These are the options I tell them are available with the claims the manufacturer makes. Make sure you check the ingredients initially and often. Raw material sources, ingredient lists and manufacturing process can change, altering the safety of the product.
- PALETTE BY NATURE – natural and free of all synthetic chemicals which are known allergens and suspected carcinogens
- LOGONA – a henna colorant
- LIGHT MOUNTAIN NATURAL considered safe
- VEGETAL COLOUR – considered safer
DO IT YOURSELF:
Grey Hair Dye Recipe by Pioneer Thinking – http://www.pioneerthinking.com/beauty/hair/hairdyes/graydye.html
The LongLocks Natural & Organic Hair Product Recipes Cookbook
How do you detoxify the toxins stored in your body? Whole body detoxification!
ENJOY better health today! Protect your health! Protect your brain chemistry!
- Learn – THE COST OF BEAUTY
- Your Symptom Picture
- Determine Your “Weak List”
- Detoxify your BODY POLLUTION
- Rejuvenate your body
Let me show you how to stack your well-being odds to improve your health in:
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
P.S. Always be vigilant about investigating the ingredients for the products you use. Ingredients sources and processing can change potentially compromising the products safety and consumer satisfaction.
#hairdye #toxichairdye #naturalhairdye #nontoxichairdye #mercuryinhairdye #hairdyeanddepression #toxicbeauty
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved.
No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without
the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.