Getting your family to eat enough healthy nutrients on a daily basis can be a challenge. Dark green leafy vegetables are probably the most concentrated and versatile source of nutrition of any food, calorie for calorie. Rich in minerals (including iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium) and vitamins, including vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins. Packed with phytonutrients including beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which protect your cells from damage and your eyes from age-related problems.
You may say my family doesn’t like salads, or salads are so much work.
I have found that using mixed greens regularly in a variety of ways provides healthy and convenient nutrition. Consider using mixed greens in more ways to amp your family’s nutrition.
- Chopped or whole in your soup bowl just before serving
- Chopped or whole under pasta and other sauces just before serving (blend if desires)
- Chopped or whole under stew just before serving
- Chopped in a cup of hot bullion. Blend if desired
- Chopped or whole folded into mashed squash, sweet potatoes, parsnips, turnips – along with minced garlic (conveniently comes in a bottle), just before serving
- Added to your smoothie
- Added to your omelet just before folding
I always buy organic greens and organic minced garlic.
Enjoy healthy nutrition with your family today!
ENJOY better health today!
If you liked this post please click the Like button at the end of this post.
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved.
No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without
the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.