Every day the media is reporting on the health benefits of super foods. Visiting the supermarket to shop with this vast amount of information can be overwhelming. Besides that, adding these nutrient rich foods can add up your grocery bill. Here are five easy to use ‘must have’ convenient super foods to get you started; providing healthy nutrition boosts for your family.
Five Convenient Health Promoting Super Food Staples For Your Refrigerator:
Stocking your refrigerator and pantry with staples is something you can do gradually. Many of these staples will last so are a good investment and can really boost your immune system and resistance.
- Minced garlic (organic is best) in a jar. This is a handy way to add garlic to soups, sauces, stews, dressings and casseroles. Health benefits include: Antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, immune system strengthener.
- Prepared horseradish (organic is best) in a jar. This is an easy way to add it to your dishes. Think past the roast beef. It is great in meatloaf, stew, soups, broths, dressings and sauces. Health benefits include: Antiviral, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, antibiotic, analgesic, anti-cancer, expectorant and protection from exposure to toxins in the environment.
- Pickled beets (organic is best) in a jar and fresh beets. This healthy condiment/vegetable provides many health benefits: Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, good source of iron, detoxification support, protection against birth defects and heart disease.
- Pure real maple syrup. Serve on pancakes, oatmeal, ice cream, in salad dressings and sauces, baking. Health benefits include: Antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-cancer and anti-diabetic properties, prevent osteoporosis and Alzheimer’s.
- Mustard. Serve as a condiment and flavouring for dressings, sauces and casseroles. Health benefits include: Anti-asthma, anti-inflammatory, anti-arthritis, anti-cancer.
STAY tuned for future posts on convenient super food additions for your refrigerator and pantry.
ENJOY better health today!
- Learn – THE COST OF BEAUTY
- Your Symptom Picture
- Determine Your “Weak List”
- Detoxify your BODY POLLUTION
- Rejuvenate your body
- SHOP for healthier products
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner