Skin cancer is on the rise. It is a subject that I have tried very hard to avoid think about in recent years. The reality is, we are all vulnerable. More so if we spent years bathing in the sun or tanning beds. Because of the loss of a dear friend and my husband to melanoma in the past, and the recurring melanoma diagnoses over the years in our extended family; skin cancer it is upfront and personal for me. Those who know me know that I am constantly searching for information on cancer prevention and cancer therapies. As we all know prevention is the best insurance against receiving a skin cancer or any cancer diagnosis. Have any suspicious, or moles that others consider suspicious, examined by a qualified healthcare practitioner. Below are the strategies that I have researched and implemented and recommend to my clients and those who ask.
- SUN PROTECTION & ANTIOXIDANTS: Life Saving Measures – I wrote this post in May 2013 so will not rewrite the information in it. Click on the link to read this post which contains names of sunscreens that are considered to be safer in terms of non-toxic ingredients without compromised protection.
- SKIN CANCER: Increasing Antioxidants At The Skin Level – I wrote this post in October of 2014 so click on the link to read it.
- My skin cancer protection is a combination of rosemary, frankincense and grapeseed/olive oil. You can read the scientific research behind my essential oil selection in the previous blog post #1 and #2 as well in my blog post FRANKINCENSE – POTENTIAL CANCER THERAPY RESEARCH: A Modern Day Gift of the Magi. Research shows that rosemary reduces melanoma cancer cell proliferation.
I use a 50ml glass pump bottle. You will have to experiment with the oils to see how many drops work best for you. Every person’s skin is different. I use one drop of the clove, 6 drops of the frankincense, 3 drops of the rosemary and then top up with grapeseed/olive oil. I also take frankincense and rosemary internally in a capsule. Order your pure therapeutic grade essential oils by contacting me. Learn more about using essential oils for symptom relief, healing and cancer protection at My Green Medicine Cabinet.
4. Eat a plant based diet. I made this choice initially due to the National Geographic research on the people who live in the Blue Zones of the world who live the longest and healthiest.
The Blue Zones website has developed nine reverse engineering longevity strategies or lessons that you can follow wherever you live. I have seen so many loved ones suffer in their final years that I wanted a better outcome. There are some interesting statistics on melanoma cancer outcomes for patients who adapted a plant based diet in combination with treatments. You can find this and other melanoma research .information on the Melanoma Research Foundation website.
5. Detox regularly. Eating healthy is a start for ongoing natural detoxification promotion. I continue to use my Botanical Spa Therapy whole body detoxification bath recipe (which can be found in my book) occasionally as well as my detoxification tea mix of dandelion root, cleavers and milk thistle plant. Dandelion root has been found to induce melanoma and other cancer cell death. Read my blog post Botanical Spa Therapy: Whole Body Detoxification That Can Change Your Health for more information on what really helped me regain my health.
6. Customized visualizations to improve immunosurveillance, immunofocus and immunoresponse. You have great power to change your cells including your dna using visualization. Read the amazing research on the power of visualization at the Heart Math Institute. Learn how to customize your visualization using information from your test results and medical reports. You can find this information in my book The Whole Person Well-being Equation. My book contains a list of visualizations to help guide the body to continue apoptosis and initiate an effective immune response.
7. Learn how to use The Power of Your Subconscious Mind
to reverse your health challenges and have a more fulfilling life. Whatever image you put into your subconscious mind is used to direct your body’s response. Author Joseph Murphy writes about his recovery from a malignancy of the skin in the Chapter 3 section The Subconscious Heals A Malignancy of The Skin, page 55 to 56.
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, Health by Design, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca,