Quinoa is an ancient grain (seed) super food with many health benefits.
- A high quality protein source with nine essential amino acids. It has more protein than rice, millet or wheat.
- High in riboflavin.
- Non fattening – 170 calories per ¼ cup of dry ( 24 protein, 12 sugars, complex carbohydrates with a low glycemic index, fiber and healthy fat)
- Gluten free.
There are three main varieties of quinoa: light yellow, red and black. The seeds need to be rinsed to remove the soapy saponin residue. Quinoa is a very versatile protein food; it can be used in salads, as porridge and is made into flour and pasta.
I use the tru-Roots Organic Quinoa which is certified non-GMO. It comes pre-washed and cooks in 15 minutes. Instead of water I add organic vegetable broth for more flavour. Chopped vegetables and a variety of dressings create a complete meal which stores well in the refrigerator for several days.
Find out more information on eating to become healthy in:
The e-book version of Eating for healthy longevity will be available soon!
ENJOY better health today!
- Learn – THE COST OF BEAUTY
- Your Symptom Picture
- Determine Your “Weak List”
- Detoxify your BODY POLLUTION
- Rejuvenate your body
- SHOP for healthier products
Let me show you how to stack your well-being odds in:
If you liked this post please click the Facebook Like button at the end of this post.
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved.
No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.