Insomnia and other forms of sleep disruption come with serious health implications if they continue for a long time without an opportunity to recoup for lost sleep.
Some strategies to promote healthier sleep:
- Avoid caffeine.
- Avoid visual, mental and emotions stimulation in the evening – wind down.
- Avoid getting stressed out. Stress sensitization and idling are serious health concerns.
- Add stress reducing strategies to your day throughout your day, e.g. meditation, yoga, tai chi, deep breathing, bath, quiet time, nature walks.
- Learn how to ‘rock and roll’ with life’s challenges.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff.
For natural therapies that I use for myself and clients that really work for sound sleep read INSOMNIA: Will The Night Ever End? http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=1739
Wishing you peaceful sleep! Happy dreams!
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P. Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
My social media pages:
#sleep #insomnia #sleepdisorder #sleepapnea