You have probably already tried many strategies in your battle to eliminate depression. I suffered major bouts of depression in the past as well as melancholy. I was told by doctors that I would have to be on medications for the rest of my life. It took me a lot of years of research and trial and error approaches to achieve 100% depression free status, to where I feel upbeat and happy. The strategies that finally worked to lift my ‘depression blind’ permanently, were not the traditional approach. I did try the medically prescribed treatments in my journey to become depression free – they did not work for me and made me feel like not wanting to live. I am not advocating that you stop your medications. There are many strategies that you can combine with medications.
Although every person’s journey through depression is unique, each depression equation shares common denominators. Your depression equation’s road blocks, pitfalls and unanswered questions share many of the same ‘common’ denominators’ as another person’s. A common denominator is a commonly shared theme or trait; also a common element in a mathematical equation. In math class you learn to rewrite your math equations to change the answer. You can rewrite your depression equation by subtracting out or cancelling the well-being challenging contributing factors; and adding in powerful strategies to promote healing and restore normal brain chemistry to eliminate your depression.
Here are some quick tips to get you started:
- Understand your body’s potentially harmful chemical equation and factors that may interfere with your brain chemistry. Where can you learn more?
- Detoxify your body pollution
- Protect and Repair Your Blood Brain Barrier to Restore Mental Health
- Change out your present personal care and household products to non-toxic natural products
- Clean up your diet – eliminate all food additives, preservatives, artificial colours and sweeteners. Avoid foods that cause inflammation in the brain and body.
- Investigate your drinking and bathing water
- Protect your blood brain barrier. NATURAL CURES: Protecting and Repairing Your Blood Brain Barrier to Restore Mental Health – http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?p=639
- Diffuse essential oils to improve mood. The diffuser would be an excellent add on at home, school and the office to dissipate stress and improve productivity and mood.
Follow us on Facebook at:
WORKSHOPS & EVENTS http://mybodycanhealitself.ca/wordpress/?page_id=1683
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner
#depression #mooddisorder #bipolar #depressionfree #mood #brainchemistry #mindpollution #mentalhealth #letstalk
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.