Genetically modified organisms (GMOs), is a term applied to plants or animals that are created through gene splicing techniques of biotechnology, called genetic engineering. This is an experimental technology that merges DNA from different species, creating unstable combinations of plant, animal, bacterial and viral genes that are not naturally occurring in nature or in traditional crossbreeding.
Natural News reports that “Researchers from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Sherbrooke Hospital Centre in Quebec, Can., have proven that Bt toxin, which is used in GM corn and other crops, definitively makes its way into the blood supply, contrary to what Big Bio claims — and this toxin was found in the bloodstreams of 93 percent of pregnant women tested.” The report further states “Among all women tested, 80 percent of the pregnant group tested positive for Bt toxin in their babies’ umbilical cords, and 69 percent of non-pregnant women tested positive for Bt toxin”.
Products with GMOs do not have to be labelled, leaving the public unable to protect themselves from the health dangers. There is much controversy as to the pros and cons of GMOs. The known animal health risks listed below raise concerns about the implicated health risks in humans. Should you be concerned?
Known health risks of feeding GMOs to animals:
• Immune dysregulation
• Accelerated aging
• Dysregulation of genes associated with cholesterol synthesis, insulin regulation, cell signaling, and protein formation
• Changes in the liver, kidney, spleen and gastrointestinal system
Protection from GMO foods:
• Become informed about GMOs by reading the information in the sources and resources section
• Source out certified non-GMO products from reputable suppliers
• Ask for certified non-GMO products at your local food suppliers
I include many health promoting strategies and a complete list of super foods to stock your pantry and refrigerator in my book THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION. Let me show you how to STACK YOUR WELL-BEING ODDS.
For more of my ‘how to become well’ books visit my book page at www.mybodycanhealitself.ca/books.htm.
ENJOY better health today!
- ORDER blood tests to determine your sensitivities, allergies and chemical burden
- Learn – THE COST OF BEAUTY
- Your Symptom Picture
- Determine Your “Weak List”
- Detoxify your BODY POLLUTION
- Rejuvenate your body
- SHOP for healthier products
If you liked this post please click the Like button at the end of this post.
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
SOURCES AND RESOURCES:
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.