Life balance is the root to whole person well-being; just as a healthy tree root determines the health and growth of a tree.
Homeostasis: “a relatively stable state of equilibrium or a tendency toward such a state between the different but interdependent elements or groups of elements of an organism, population, or group”
Merriam Webster Online Dictionary Definition
On a daily basis you are affected by many factors with the potential to disturb your life balance and health on the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual level. Maintaining life balance requires strategic planning and ongoing re-evaluation.
CAUSES OF LIFE IMBALANCE
Life imbalance can result from chronic and accumulative life balance challenging factors. Some of these factors are listed below.
- Stressors – physical, mental, emotional and spiritual
- Inability to cope
- Life dissatisfaction
- Relationship issues
- Bad habits (e.g. hoarding)
- Addictions (e.g. endorphins, adrenaline, gambling, smoking, alcohol)
- Over commitment
- Physical, mental, emotional disorders
- Lack of physical activity
- Nutritional deficiencies
HEALTH IMPLICATIONS OF LIFE IMBALANCE
Chronic or regular periods of life imbalance can lead to serious health issues.
- Parasympathetic nervous system imbalance with an array of symptoms (e.g. anxiety, cold feet/hands, constipation, dry eyes, frequent urination, headaches, indigestion, insomnia/sleep disorders, stiff neck and shoulders)
- Stress sensitization
- Stress idling
- Compromised HPA (Hypothalamus/Pituitary/Adrenal) stress response
- Hormone imbalance – excessive stress hormones in the body can interfere with the normal balanced hormone profile
- Burn out
- Physical, mental and emotional disorders
RESTORING LIFE AND BODY BALANCE
“Without change there would be no butterflies” ~ Anonymous
Restoring life and body balance, and resulting whole person well-being; requires change. Exploring ways to continually restore life balance will enable you to better endure the demands of your life with grace and confidence. This will ultimately allow you to stay focused on the pursuit of meaningful goals. Change can be uncomfortable but worth the benefits.
- Ongoing assessment – use the life assessment and life balance assessment wheel in THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION.
- Ongoing detoxification – of life demands, clutter, busyness, stressors, mind and body pollution
- Ongoing rejuvenation – by planning in down time, relax time, enjoy time, non committed time, you time, rebalancing strategies, proper nutrition
- Restore your parasympathetic nervous system by using the strategies in THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION and rebalancing with a BODYFEEDBACK™ THERAPY SESSION.
- Reset your HPA stress response using the strategies in THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION and rebalancing with a BODYFEEDBACK™ THERAPY SESSION.
- Restore your hormone balance by using the strategies in THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION and rebalancing with a BODYFEEDBACK™ THERAPY SESSION.
- Nutrition and herbs – balancing and restoring strategies found in THE WHOLE PERSON WELL-BEING EQUATION.
- BACK TO ‘BALANCE’: Body, Mind & Spirit Life Balancing Self-Care Strategies
MAINTAIN LIFE AND BODY BALANCE
Maintaining your life balance will require perseverance through periods of distress, opposition and discouragement.
Questions to ask daily:
- Are my ideals, beliefs and decisions allowing for balance in my lifestyle, relationships and work today? If not, what adjustments do I need to make to my ideals, beliefs and decisions to restore balance in my lifestyle, relationships and work?
- Am I in a physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually balanced state today? If not, what can I do to bring myself back into a more balanced state, physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually?
- Are my ideals, beliefs and decisions supporting my physical, mental, emotional and spiritual balance and well-being today? If not, what adjustments do I need to make to my ideals, beliefs or decision to restore my balance and well-being?
What will you let go of today for ‘a healthier you’?
Let me lead you through the steps to get your life and health in balance in:
For more of my ‘HOW TO BECOME WELL’ books visit my book page at www.mybodycanhealitself.ca/books.htm.
For healthier product choices for a healthier you visit my SHOP page at www.mybodycanhealitself.ca/shop.htm.
ENJOY better health today!
- Learn – THE COST OF BEAUTY
- Your Symptom Picture
- Determine Your “Weak List”
- Detoxify your BODY POLLUTION
- Rejuvenate your body
Follow us on Facebook at:
Wishing you health and happiness!
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P., Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca
#lifebalance #homeostasis #wholepersonwellbeing #naturalhealth #naturalcures #homeostasis
Copyright © 2013, Elisabeth Hines
All rights reserved. No portion of this post may be copied and distributed in any manner without the written permission of the author or publisher and associates.