As many of my friends, family and clients know, I have had my brain challenges. The good news is that my brain now functions better than it ever has before and I intend to make sure it stays that way.
My past periods of depression and compromised brain function were the result of various factors including, body and brain pollution from toxins, toxicant induced loss of tolerance (TILT), stress and stress sensitization, and lack of resilience. You can read about how I was affected by all of these in my blog posts and website ‘about‘ page. I am grateful for the information, guidance and natural strategies that have helped to restore my brain health.
With the looming statistics for dementia, which my mother suffered from, and Alzheimers, my focus moving forward is on preventing mental decline as I age.
What did it take to restore and improve my brain to better health?
What am I doing to protect my brain?
- Learning and understanding the impact of brain and body pollution
- Dealing with brain and body pollution using natural and added detoxification aids (whole body detoxification method using Botanical Spa Therapy)
- Avoiding brain (including blood brain barrier) compromising factors
- Avoiding and testing for (muscle response testing for health protection) all foods and products that could potentially contain toxins including toxic personal care, house and laundry products
- Avoiding and testing (muscle response testing for health protection) foods that are potentially health/brain challenging:
- According to the Blue Zones, In the blue zones region of Ikaria, Greece, dementia among people over 85 is rare — over 75 percent less common than it is in the United States. (About half of Americans over 85 years old show signs of Alzheimer’s disease. The NutritionFacts video breaks down the science of why dementia is much lower among people who eat a Mediterranean-style diet.
- According to Nutrition Facts (https://nutritionfacts.
org/topics/mental-health/) “chicken has been linked to a variety of neurological and psychiatric conditions. Arachidonic acid, found at particularly high levels in chicken and eggs, produces inflammatory compounds that may affect our brains. Chicken has low levels of omega 3 fatty acid, a vital nutrient for the brain. Toxoplasma brain parasites from meat have been linked to schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder. Glycotoxins—found primarily in chicken, pork, beef, and fish—increase the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s. High consumption of fish has been associated with an increased risk of mental disorders, lower testosterone (which can lead to depression), and chronic fatigue syndrome and depression.”
- Timeline of Alzheimer’s disease – https://www.naturalnews.com/2018-12-24-history-and-causes-of-alzheimers-disease.html
- Adapting a healthy plant based diet and avoiding processed foods
- Drinking filtered water
- Ongoing assessing, restoring and maintaining of life balance
- Regular walking in green spaces
- Regular yoga and tai chi exercises
- Regular reading of health promoting books, especially those about brain health and recovery. You can find my recommended reads in my book.
- Practicing mind body healing strategies including affirmations, visualizations and meditation. You can find my recommendations in my book.
- Adding in of natural supportive strategies including essential oils with healing properties. You can find my recommendations in my book and My Green Medicine Cabinet.
The preceding information may seem daunting. It took me 10 years of research and trial and error strategies to make major gains in my health. I now feel healthy, energetic and more resilient. I have condensed all of the information and resources that brought me to ‘my healthier me’ and you can use my holistic protocol (guide) to achieve your ‘healthier you’. It works! Each new client receives a copy of my book and uses it as a guide to help them restore and maintain their health.
Moving forward, my brain protection strategy includes the essential oil brain protection blend below:
My Dementia and Alzeihmer’s Neuroprotective Blend
- Frankincense – 4 drops (abates age related dendritic regression in the hipppocampus, anti-cancer )
- Clove bud – 2 drops (reverses memory and learning deficits, anti-cancer)
- Rosemary – 5 drops (improves cognitive performance, abates age related dendritic regression in the hipppocampus, anti-cancer)
- Copaiba – 2 drops (neuroprotective)
- Melissa – 5 drops (neuroprotective, anti-cancer – glioblastoma)
- Lemongrass – 4 drops (neuroprotective)
- Lavender – 4 drops (calming)
- Add the preceding drops to a 10 ml roller ball bottle and top up with Fractionated Coconut Oil or a mix of grapeseed/olive oil. Apply to the toes (brain reflexology points) and brain stem twice daily.
Check with your regular healthcare provider before using essential oils or other recommendations found on my website, books and blog – there may be contraindications due to medications, health conditions or other factors.
Get started using essential oils for a healthier you and healthier brain!
Wishing you optimum health and happiness!
Elisabeth Hines, C.N.C., C.B.P. Holistic Wellness Practitioner, www.mybodycanhealitself.ca, email@example.com
Melissa officinalis – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/